Whether planned or unplanned, replacing your HVAC system is a very big decision and one that doesn’t come cheap. That is why having an HVAC company who is experienced, reputable, and has your best interests in mind is key. Bosque Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing are the local pros who can help you with finding the perfect replacement air conditioning system for your home or business. We have access and experience working with all major brands and HVAC manufacturers. We can help you design and install the perfect fit for cooling your living or work space and help you purchase a new unit that will bring unparalleled comfort and long-term efficiencies to help you save money along the way.
How to Tell It’s Time to Replace Your Air Conditioning Unit
- When your unit is no longer providing you comfortable and on demand cooling, it may be time to replace your system. This is especially true if you’ve recently had your HVAC system serviced and it is not providing you with consistent cooling to your satisfaction.
- Your air conditioning is constantly on the fritz and you keep having to have a technician come out and provide a band-aid solution. Let’s face it, we want our systems to last forever. However, the average lifespan of an air conditioning unit is around 10 years. If you are at that time or beyond and you keep having issues, it’s time to replace your air conditioning system.
- Additions or expansion of living or work space can require an upgrade. All HVAC systems are designed to efficiently cool a certain amount of space. If you are planning to add on to your home or business, you’ll likely want to consider upgrading your HVAC system.
- If your utility costs just seem to be unreasonably high, it’s likely that you’ll want to consider upgrading. Many of the new air conditioning equipment out there today are excellent at considerably trimming down your energy consumption and cost. If you want to get long term value out of your cooling, buying a new air conditioning unit will be a great choice for your home or business.
Should I Replace My Furnace At The Same Time?
It isn’t uncommon to hear a contractor urge you to replace your furnace or heating system the same time you are replacing your air conditioning. This isn’t always necessary, especially if your system is not displaying any issues or giving you trouble when you need to heat your home or business. Unfortunately, we know that sometimes the aim of the contractor urging you replace both is purely profit driven. That’s why having Bosque Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing helping you through this process can help save you from this trap.
There are three instances when you need to consider replacing both your air conditioning and heating at the same time:
- Your air conditioning system is over 10 years and your furnace is over 15 years old
- If you are needing to upgrade for efficiency purposes
- If you know you will not be able to afford an installation later down the road
If you are considering upgrading your heating, call us today. We offer Free In-Home Consultation and will be more than happy to give sound advice and guidance on what you should do in this instance. For more information about our heating replacement and installation services, click on the link below to learn more: