Replacing your heating system is both a big decision to make and one that isn’t cheap either. This is especially why having a heating company who has the experience, reputation, your best interests in mind is very important. At Bosque Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing we can help you with finding the perfect replacement heating system for your home or business. We have access to and experience working with all major brands and HVAC manufacturers. Which is why we can help you find, design and install the perfect fit for your heating needs.
When Is It Time To Replace Your Heating System?
- When your heating is no longer providing you with comfortable and on demand heating, it’s likely time to replace your system.
- Your heating is constantly giving you trouble and you continue to have a technician come out and provide temporary work-around solutions to mitigate, but not entirely resolve the problem. The average lifespan of a furnace is around 15 years. If you are at that time or beyond and you keep having issues, it’s time to replace it.
- Additions or expansion of living or work space can require an upgrade. All heating systems are designed to efficiently cool a certain amount of square footage in your home or business. If you are planning to add on to your home or expand your business work space, you’ll likely want to consider upgrading your heating system.
- Unusually high utility cost is another sign that you may want to consider upgrading. Many of the new furnaces and heating options out there today can considerably reduce energy consumption and cost. If you want to get long-term value out of your utility bill, upgrading your heating unit is your best bet.
Should I Replace My Air Conditioning At The Same Time?
It isn’t uncommon to hear a contractor urge you to replace your air conditioning the same time you are replacing or upgrading your furnace or heating system. This isn’t always the case or necessary, especially if you’re not experiencing any issues with your air conditioning. Unfortunately, we know that sometimes the aim of the contractor urging you to replace both is purely profit driven. That’s why having Bosque Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing helping you through this process can help save you from this tactic.
There are three instances when you need to consider replacing both your air conditioning and heating at the same time:
- Your air conditioning is over 10 years old and your furnace is over 15 years old.
- If you are needing to upgrade for efficiency purposes.
- If you know you will not be able to afford a new installation later down the road.
If you are considering upgrading your air conditioning and heating, call us today. We offer Free In-Home Consultations and are more than happy to help give sound advice and guidance on what you should do in this instance. For more information about our AC replacement and installation services, click on the link below: